SEO Wakefield

SEO Wakefield: Optimising websites for search engines

Whether you are launching your brand-new website or looking to improve the leads that your current site is generating, SEO is key. While a beautiful website will impress potential customers, what if potential customers cannot find your site?

If you wish for your website to be visible on Google and other search engines, you have to optimise your site for them. Completing optimisation is especially important when you operate in a competitive industry, but really it’s important regardless of your sector.

Whether you’re a budding SEO whiz or someone with little to no experience, this article can be a valuable resource for your business.

SEO Wakefield: What does SEO stand for?

SEO stands for search engine optimisation. Therefore, SEO is the act of optimising the content on your website for search engines. Google is likely the primary search engine you’ll optimise for, although it isn’t the only useful search engine out there.

SEO Wakefield: Why is SEO important?

According to the latest data, the Google search engine alone deals with at least 63,000 searches per second. Ultimately, this means that Google deals with approximately 5.5 billion queries per day according to the newest statistics. With the humongous number of searches conducted on a daily basis, this demonstrates an excellent opportunity for your business to gain customers. However, if you aren’t on the top page of Google, what does this mean for you?

Research in the last couple of years shows that websites on the first page of a search engine receive 95% of all traffic. That leaves only around 5% for the rest of the pages! This fact alone demonstrates why SEO is so crucial; if you aren’t on the first few pages, there’s a very slim chance your site will be discovered by potential customers.

No website can stand without a strong backbone. And that backbone is technical SEO.

Neil Patel

SEO Wakefield: Does SEO cost money?

If you have had a look into promoting your website online, you’ve likely realised that investing in search engine adverts can be a costly endeavour. This may have left you wondering if SEO is going to cost you anything, considering how beneficial it can be to your business.

SEO will cost you nothing but your undoubtedly valuable time. Effective SEO can get you on the top page of a search engine without costing you a penny. Essentially, this means that you could do your search engine optimisation yourself without the assistance of professionals for free. However, it is notable that adjusting and creating content to suit search engines, along with using other optimisation techniques, is a time-consuming venture that most businesses do not have time for.

SEO Wakefield: Can SEO turn my website into an overnight success?

After reading an entire blog post about how effective search engine optimisation techniques can be, you might be wondering if you could have your website optimised and on the first page of search engines this time tomorrow. Unfortunately, there aren’t many quick wins when it comes to enhancing your website and its content for search engines.

SEO techniques aren’t usually impactful overnight; it can take months, perhaps years, of hard work to get your site found on search engines for all your keywords and phrases. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to mislead you!

Consulting an expert individual or agency

Most businesses love the idea of their website being on the first page of search engines. For a short while, they’ll add a few optimised pages and articles to their website and expect their website to be top of Google, Bing, or any other search engine for their keywords. When this doesn’t happen, most businesses realise that while search engine optimisation is crucial, they simply don’t have the time or resources to optimise themselves.

If you want your website to be found on search engines but you don’t have the time to write content on a daily basis and optimise it, consult an expert! There are search engine optimisation experts all around you, whether that’s a digital marketing agency or one individual.

An agency or individual that focuses on optimising for search engines will have much more time than you do to create optimised content for your site. They will also be equipped with all the specialist tools they need and the knowledge necessary to increase your website’s visibility. Consider consulting an expert individual or agency if you don’t have the time to optimise for search engines!